Custom Search

REAL ESTATE ACRONYMS















If you are new to real estate investing, you may often encounter acronyms when skimming through classified ads, while discussing with banks/brokers/other seasoned real estate professionals, or even while driving past a house that has a for sale sign.

While some acronyms can be easily deciphered, others may take some serious searching to find what they stand for. I know how it feels to be the only person in a discussion that does not know what something means, it can be a dead giveaway that you are a newbie when it comes to real estate.

To help save us from the trouble, I have started compiling a list of local real estate related acronyms and what they stand for, as most often used here in the Philippines.

AP - Asking price
APT - Apartment
ARV - After Repair Value
AV - Appraised Value
BR - Bedroom
CAR - Certificate authorizing registration
CCT - Condominium Certificate of Title
CF - Cost Factor
CG - Car Garage
CGT - Capital Gains Tax
CLOP - Contract of Lease with Option to Purchase
CRB - Certified Real estate Broker
CTC -Community Tax Certificate
CTS - Contract-To-Sell
CWT - Creditable Withholding Tax
DBO - Direct Buyers Only
DOAS - Deed Of Absolute Sale
DP - Down Payment
DR - Door
DST - Documentary Stamps Tax
FMV - Fair market Value
FSBO - For Sale By Owner
HOA - Home Owners Association
HVAC - Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
ISP - Indicative selling Price
LTV - Loan To Value
MA - Monthly Amortization
MAO - Maximum Allowable Offer
MBP - Minimum Bid Price
MR - Maids Room
MRI - Mortgage Redemption Insurance
NOI - Net Operating Income
OP - Over Pricing
PITI - Principal Interest Taxes and Insurance
PS - Parking Slot
RD - Registry of Deeds
REB - Real Estate Broker
REIT - Real Estate Investment Trust
REO - Real Estate Owned
RFO - Ready For Occupancy
RM - Room
ROI - Return On Investment or Return Of Investment
ROPOA - Real and Other Properties Owned or Acquired
RPT - Real Property Tax
T&B - Toilet and Bath
TCT - Transfer Certificate of Title
TT - Transfer Tax
VAT - Value Added Tax

I have also added useful links to more detailed explanations for acronyms and terms and I shall continue to add new links as they become available. This is a work in progress so if you can't find an acronym in this list, or if you need more details for an acronym or term, just leave a comment and I'll ask around from friends and contacts who are veterans in the real estate business, then I'll include them here.

31 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! plots for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. pleasant post, stay aware of this fascinating work. It truly regards realize that this subject is being secured likewise on this site so cheers for setting aside time to talk about this! Choose a handyman or contractor

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this good but ,I like your post and good pics may be any peoples not like because defrent mind all poeple , gutter repair raleigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your aptitude on this. I should say we ought to have an online discourse on this. Composing just remarks will close the talk straight away! What's more, will confine the advantages from this data.  Repair Your old gutters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been contemplating composing an extremely tantamount post in the course of the last couple of weeks, I'll most likely keep it straightforward and connection to this rather if thats cool. Much obliged Seamless Gutters

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a lot of blogs over the Internet. But I can surely say that your blog is amazing in all. It has all the qualities that a perfect blog should have. Spanish Property sale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, Locksmith Fayetteville NC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its an incredible joy perusing your post.Its brimming with data I am searching for and I want to post a remark that "The substance of your post is marvelous" Great work. Real Estate Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... Ecolink at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Flat Fee MLS

    ReplyDelete
  12. You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! Confidence Training Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. Kopar at Newton

    ReplyDelete
  14. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. Sell My House Fast Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. damac properties

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice http://realestatepropertyinfo.blogspot.com/2009/04/real-estate-acronyms.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Einzelpersonen können mit Hilfe der HeidelbergerWohnen eine Residenz zu guten Preisen kaufen und verkaufen, vor allem, weil sie das seriöseste Immobilienunternehmen ist und alle Mitarbeiter dieser einzigartigen Firma äußerst zertifiziert sind. Auf dieser einzigartigen Website http://yaydkal.wikidot.com/ erhalten Sie weitere Informationen zum Immobilienmakler Heidelberg.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck. pocket drones

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fantastic posting! Lots of useful information and inspiration, both of which we all need!Relay appreciate your work. muabannhadat tphcm

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Metrowide Appraisal Services Inc

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoi, excellent, t wondered just how to cure icne. ind found your webstte by google, dtscovered todiy t'm i ltttle obvtous i greit deil. t’ve ilso idded RSS ind sive your webstte. keep us updited. 먹튀사이트

    ReplyDelete
  22. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Premium Tax Credit

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Featured rentals review

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Small building management nyc

    ReplyDelete
  25. pleasant post, stay aware of this fascinating work. It truly regards realize that this subject is being secured likewise on this site so cheers for setting aside time to talk about this! https://www.concretecontractorsfortworthtexas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I’m influenced using the surpassing as well as preachy itemizing that you simply provide such small timing. white label real estate crowdfunding software

    ReplyDelete

  27. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 }

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! prince chenzhi

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. homer glen IL realtors

    ReplyDelete
  30. oil tank sweep cost I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. Concrete cancer repair

    ReplyDelete